Idaho State Police Drug Policy
Idaho State Police does not consider for employment, nor accept as a volunteer, any person who has:
- Ever used or possessed LSD, PCP, opiates (e.g. heroin, etc.), methamphetamine, cocaine, or designer drugs (e.g. ecstasy, synthetic cathinones, etc.);
- Used or possessed within the 5 year period preceding application for ISP employment: marijuana, inhalants (huffing), anabolic steroids, hallucinogens (psilocybin mushrooms), or synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. spice, K2, etc.);
- On any occasion illegally manufactured or delivered a controlled substance;
- Used any illegal drug while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial agency;
- Been found guilty by a court or jury of driving under the influence of intoxicants within the 5 year period preceding application for ISP employment;
- Abused prescription drugs (case by case analysis).
Other involvement with illegal drugs may be a disqualifier. The Colonel of the Idaho State Police has the authority to make all final hiring decisions.