Idaho State Police Drug Policy
Idaho State Police does not consider for employment, nor accept as a volunteer, any person who has:
- Used or possessed within the 5 year period immediately preceding application for ISP employment: LSD, PCP, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, or designer drugs (e.g. ecstasy, synthetic cathinones, their chemical derivatives and synthetic equivalents, etc.); if use was prior to 5 years preceding application for employment, the following factors will be considered:
(1) the frequency of the behavior;
(2) the quantity of drugs involved; and
(3) the type of drug;
- Used or possessed within the 3 year period immediately preceding application of ISP employment: marijuana, inhalants (huffing), anabolic steroids, hallucinogens (psilocybin mushrooms), or synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. spice, K2, etc.);
- On any occasion illegally manufactured or delivered a controlled substance;
- Used any illegal drug while employed in any law enforcement or prosecutorial agency;
- Been found guilty by a court or jury of driving under the influence of intoxicants within the 5 year period preceding application for ISP employment;
- Abused prescription drugs (case by case analysis).
Other involvement with illegal drugs may be a disqualifier. The Colonel of the Idaho State Police has the authority to make all final hiring decisions.