We Accept Lateral Transfers!
Lateral Transfers are Troopers we hire from other law enforcement agencies. Lateral transfers are always invited to apply under any Trooper job announcement and may be eligible for a higher starting pay rate. In order to be notified next time we announce for Troopers, please go to: Email Notification.
Already wearing the badge?
Come try ours on for size!
Perhaps you're already serving as a commissioned police officer for another agency. We value your skills and experience! If you think the Idaho State Police might be a good fit for you, we'd like to hear from you.
- Written Exam
- Oral and Physical Testing
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Testing
- Medical & Drug Testing
- Basic POST Certificate or equivalent (Lateral Transfers will be expected to have this)
Pay and Benefits
- Eligible for transfer to a Specialist position such as Commercial Vehicle Safety or Investigations after one year of service with ISP
- Eligible to promote to Sergeant after three years of service with ISP
- Full retirement is available as early as age 50 or Rule 80 (age + years of service)
- Idaho PERSI is transferable for current members only
Reciprocity requirements can be reviewed at www.post.idaho.gov
ISP Human Resource site updated:November 19, 2015