The following is a list of automatic employment disqualifiers at the Idaho State Police. Do not apply if you:
- Have any felony conviction;
- Have any misdemeanor conviction within 5 years of your application date;
- Have ever been decertified as a peace officer in any state or jurisdiction;
- Have been given any of the following Military Discharges: Bad Conduct Discharge (BCD), Dishonorable Discharge (DD), or Administrative Discharge of than Honorable (OTH);
- Do not meet the requirements of the Idaho State Police Drug Policy;
- Have ever been fired from a job, with just cause, for any of the following reasons:
- Theft of company property;
- Misuse of company or department finances;
- Falsification of time reporting or other official documents;
- Sick leave abuse (use of sick time in violation of applicable laws, rules and procedures);
- Drug or alcohol use that negatively affected job performance; or
- Committing any form of illegal harassment.
Conviction for the purposes of ISP employment means that you have pled guilty or have been found guilty, notwithstanding the form of the judgment or withheld judgment.
Requests to waive any of the listed disqualifications are rarely considered and require the written approval of the ISP Director.